Sunday, July 27, 2008

Growing Up - Words & Actions

I am turning 13 months very soon! Daddy and mommy have always been very proud of my progress from a baby to a little tod I am today. A milestone achieved over the past few days - I've learnt to stand up without assistance, unaided! And everytime i do that, I take my steps and start walking around on my own, just like an adult! wahhaha.. Daddy and mommy are happy for me but at the same time, can't help worrying that I may fall. Fear not man, I am pretty confident I can walk very well soon.

What's more!? I am concurrently making great progress on my speech recently, and one major development, singing!

Some words I can say:
-Daddy (Yes very accurately dad-dy!)
-Mummy (which now most of the time I go 'mi')
-Mum Mum (food)
-Jiejie (sister)
-Baby
-Down
-Nose (say nose & point to nose)
-Hi
-Byebye
-Auntie ('tie')
-Ball Ball
-Trees
-Flower
-Two, Five
-Gai-gai (go out)
-Bao Bao (carry)
-Keys
-Lights
-Hooray ('ray')
-Pah pah (together with hand tapping on chest - meaning 'afraid')
-No no (mommy is trying to teach me to say 'YES'.. hahaa)
-No more
-Bib
-Pls ('pis')
-Go

Some songs which i can sing* & with actions:
-Wheels on the bus
-Twinkle twinkle little star
-Barney's I love you
-Itsy Weentsy Spider

(* I go into the rhymth of the songs & can sing some words)

Point to Body Parts:
-Head, Toes, Noes, Mouth, Ear, Eye

Identify animals:
-Rabbit, Dogs, Cat ('mao' in chinese)

Ability to identify people & objects when asked:
-Clock (tick-tock)
-Air con
-Fan
-TV
-Lights
-Ding Dong (Doorbell)
-Buttons
-Gayle Gayle
-Daddy & mommy
-Gonggong & Ah ma

Actions:
-Kiss
-Clap
-Arms Up & Down

Hmm... I still have alot I cannot do. But I am not in any hurry, I am growing up and learning more things every day! :) Cheers!!!

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter